Have you considered telecommuting, part-time, freelance or flexible schedule work arrangements?
If you’re in the middle of a job search and have a hectic schedule that dictates you have a job with flexible work hours, then check out these hot industries hiring that offer flexible work schedules.
According to a recent survey by FlexJobs, in the United States, there are 2.8 million people working exclusively at home, there are 15-20 million people who currently telecommute part-time, and another 44 million who telecommute occasionally.
Hot Industries Offering Flexible Jobs
Today’s Flexible Worker
- 64% Self-employed workers do some or all work at home
- 39% Multiple job holders do some or all work at home
- 36% Bachelor degree holders do some or all work at home
- 25% Part-time workers do some or all work at home
- 25% Employed women do some or all work at home
- 23% Employed men do some or all work at home
- 23% Full-time workers do some or all work at home
Are Flex Jobs Full-Time or Part-Time?
- Full-time 55%
- Part-time 45%
As gas prices continue to rise, we anticipate more companies hiring and allowing current employees the option to work from home.
For job seekers looking for new jobs with flexible work options, vigilance is required to weed out scams and to separate legitimate work from home job opportunities from the scams found on the internet.